Barangay Health Centers (BHCs) as Service Providers for Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) Beneficiaries
This is another model of CPA which focused on less formal mechanisms. The community scorecard (CSC) tool was implemented by COA and ANSA-EAP with parent-leaders and barangay health center providers. An inventory check was also conducted. This enabled the beneficiaries and service providers rate the performance of their health center based on the quality standards set by the Department of Health. The results of the community scorecard were then melded with the results of the inventory activity conducted by COA.
The CSC included the following:
- Accessibility and transportation to and from the BHC;
- Cleanliness (surroundings, examination room, waiting are, toilets);
- Lighting and ventilation;
- Waiting area;
- Water supply;
- Comfort rooms;
- Waste management facility;
- Resources: presence and availability of BHC staff/personnel, their attitude towards patients
- Equipment: presence, availability and functionality
- Medicines and medical supplies: availability, appropriateness, dispensation, and effectiveness
- Health services and programs; and
- Record-keeping and managament
Citizen partners were involved in the community scorecard process, audit planning, audit execution and reporting.
Barangay Health Centers
For more details, click on the links to view the audit-in-brief and audit report for this pilot.